Light asian cashew chicken delight!
CASHEW CHICKEN NUTRITION:
330 kcal per serving, Serves 4
13 Fat, 20g Carbs, 31g Protein
Popular cashew chicken is an all-star recipe that can be found in many restaurants. As a result, it’s usually packed with added sugars, that are hidden in the sauce. Furthermore, the portions served are often too big, and you can end up eating way too much. Try this healthier version that will make you both satisfied and full of energy rather than ordering it from your favorite takeaway place.
CASHEW CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 400g chicken breast – cut into cubes
- Dash salt & pepper
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- medium red onion – chopped
- 2 spring onions – chopped
- yellow bell pepper – chopped
- red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbs chicken stock
- 4 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 30 cashews
1. Season chicken cubes with salt & pepper, then mix with cornstarch.
2. Whisk together vinegar, chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger and sweet chili sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in the wok pan. Add chicken cubes and stir-fry until cooked through – around 5 minutes.
4. Throw in cashews nuts and cook until golden on both sides.
5. Toss veggies to the wok and stir-fry them for 30 seconds or less if you want them crunchy.
6. Finally, pour over the sauce and mix well. Serve with brown rice.
If you haven’t tried our other Asian dishes yet, try these two!. We love them just as much:
Measurements are made with “my fitness pal” & nutritional value may vary. Use them only as a frame of reference.