Keeping the flavor, but getting rid of most hidden sugars.
255kcal per serving; Serves 4
8g fat, 20g Carbs, 25g Protein
- 300 g chicken breast – cubes
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs cornstarch – divided
- 2 tbs peanut oil – divided
- medium red bell pepper – diced
- yellow onion – diced
- 1 large carrot – diced
- 80 g canned pineapple – chopped
- 4 tbs reserved pineapple can juice
- 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
1. Season chicken cubes with salt, black pepper, and garlic. Then add 1 tbs cornstarch and mix well.
2. Heat 1 tbs peanut oil, add chicken and cook until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Wipe the wok and heat another 1 tbs of peanut oil and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, ginger, vinegar and remaining cornstarch.
5. Add pineapple chunks to the wok pan and pour over the sauce. Mix well.
6. Cook until it begins to thicken, then serve with rice.
Measurements are made with “my fitness pal” & nutritional value may vary. Use them only as a frame of reference.